VirtualDJ will only work with their specific timecodes:
VirtualDJ Timecode Vinyl
VirtualDJ Timecode CD/MP3
To get full functionality from your PMX mixer, you need to download Virtual DJ LE from the following link and enter the License Key that was included with the purchase: https://www.virtualdj.com/le/
PLEASE NOTE: When using DVS mode with the PMX-20, you'll need to plug your headphones into your computer in order to use headphone cueing.
- Connect Timecode players (turntables with timecode vinyl or media player with timecode mp3 etc.) to Channels 1 & 2
- Connect the PMX-20 to your computer via USB
- Power on PMX-20 and timecode players
- To enter DVS mode on the mixer, hold the Channel 1 USB button down until it flashes (10+ seconds)
- Launch Virtual DJ
- When prompted, select “PMX20 DVS” and click “OK.”
- Open Virtual DJ preferences
Confirm that the following settings are selected
OUTPUTS = Separate Decks
HARDWARE = Gemini PMX-20
INPUTS = Timecode Signal
Under the output section, press "+" to add another output and select "Headphones" and your computer's Built-In Output
Load timecode disc/mp3/vinyl to players.
Once tracks are loaded into Decks 1 or 2 in Virtual DJ, you can control playback via timecode players.
With headphones plugged into your computer's built-in output, Cueing will now be enabled. Use your computer's volume control to adjust the headphone output.
More info is available on the VirtualDJ site.