This article will detail how to install our Mapping to control Traktor Pro 3 with the PMX-10 mixer.
DOWNLOAD THE MAPPING FILE HERE
- Connect your PMX-10 to your computer via a USB cable and power it on.
- Once you've downloaded the mapping file, launch Traktor Pro.
- Open Traktor Preferences and select "Import" from the bottom left corner next to "Setup Wizard."
- Select the downloaded file (pmx10traktormap2020.tsi) and choose open.
- Choose the following options under the "Select Categories to Import" window and click OK: Controller Mappings, GUI Layout, Audio Device Settings, Effects Settings, Other Preferences, and Settings.
- Navigate to the Controller Manager section of the Traktor preferences window.
- Under the "In-Port" and "Out-Port" menus, choose PMX-10
- You are now ready to begin controlling Traktor with your PMX-10 mixer
In order to fully utilize Traktor's functionality, we had to assign a SHIFT button to access secondary functions. We've repurposed the PMX-10's BACK button as SHIFT.
- TRACK SEARCH / [BROWSE TREE] - The track search knob will scroll through the track list. Clicking on the track search knob will expand/hide the browser window. Holding SHIFT (back button) while scrolling will allow you to scroll through the "tree" on the left-hand side of Traktor's browser.
- EFFECT KNOBS / [FX SELECT] - Turning the EFFECT 1 or 2 knob on either deck will affect the FX parameter knob in Traktor. Hold SHIFT (back button) while turning to choose a different effect.
- CUES / [CUE SHIFT] - In order to map secondary functions to the Hotcue pads, we had to implement a secondary SHIFT button for deleting Hot Cues. To add a Hot Cue, simply press any of the available (unlit) Hot Cue pads. To delete a Hot Cue, hold CUE SHIFT while pushing the corresponding pad (1-8.)
- [SYNC] - Hold SHIFT (back button) and press Hot Cue pad 1 to engage SYNC mode for that deck.
- [MASTER] - Hold SHIFT (back button) and press Hot Cue pad 2 to set that deck as MASTER tempo
- [TT BREAK] Hold SHIFT (back button) and press Hot Cue pad 3 to initiate the Turntable Break effect. Holding down Hot Cue pad 3 will simulate a record slowing down, which will speed back up on release.
- [BEAT SLICER] Hold SHIFT (back button) and press Hot Cue pad 4 to engage the Beat Slicer effect. The effect will remain on until you release Hot Cue 4.
- [REVERSE] Hold SHIFT (back button) and press Hot Cue pad 5 to engage the Reverse effect. The track will play in reverse until you release Hot Cue 5.
- [CUP] Hold SHIFT (back button) and press Hot Cue pad 6 for the Cue Play button
- [CUE] Hold SHIFT (back button) and press Hot Cue pad 7 for the Cue button
- [PLAY] Hold SHIFT (back button) and press Hot Cue pad 7 for the Cue button
Please note: this mapping is a great starting place for use of our PMX-10 mixer with Traktor and will be satisfactory for most DJs. You can further customize the mapping controls, effects, etc, to your personal playing style through the Traktor preferences window.